Infection Prevention and Control
This annual statement will be generated each year in January. It will summarise:
- Any infection transmission incidents and actions taken (these will be reported in accordance with our significant event procedure)
- Details of any infection control audits and any actions undertaken
- Details of infection control risk assessments undertaken
- Details of staff training
- Any reviews and updates of policies, procedures and guidelines
Responsibilities within the practice:
- Infection Prevention and Control GP: Dr Jeff Stoker
- Infection Prevention and control (IP&C) Nurses: Georgina Francis and Joanne Gibson
- Practice Manager: Sharon Martin (Interim)
The implementation of annual infection control training continues. The GPs are responsible for their own training needs.
Either Georgie Francis or Joanne Gibson attend IP&C meetings every four months which are led by Jacky Hunt IP&C Practitioner (SHFT) to establish networks between IP&C links, promote and monitor safe infection control standards within the practice. Carry out audits within the practice and to feedback changes.
All non-clinical staff receives online training provided by Blue Stream Academy.
Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
Polices relating to Infection Prevention and Control will be reviewed on an annual basis and as current advice changes. We aim to share information with our patients and a copy of this annual statement will be available on our practice website. We will notify patients of any potential seasonal outbreaks via our patient information screen in the waiting room and on our website.
Cleaning plans/schedules have been updated and agreed with Rapid Clean limited.
The deputy practice manager is responsible for liaising directly with the cleaning company where there are cleaning deficiencies or any identified problems.