Patient Participation Group
What are Patient Participation Groups? “We are patients just like you…”
Working in partnership with GPs and practice teams, Patient Participation Groups ensure the patients perspective is at the heart of local provision so that services are of high quality and continuously improve.
Groups also provide practical support in the surgery, foster improved communication between the practice and its patients and help patients to take more responsibility for their health.
Groups meet face to face with practice staff at mutually agreed intervals. ‘Virtual PPGs’ now also exist operating alongside ‘real’ groups enabling a dialogue with the whole patient population through email, online surveys and social media.
If you would like to register to become part of our Patient Participation Group, please complete our registration form.
What can a Patient Participation Group do?
- Help the practice to improve services
- Providing feedback from patients
- Monitoring the accessibility of practice communications
- Carrying out surveys into a whole variety of subjects
- Offering practical help
- Improving practice facilities
- Designing new services and initiatives
- Exploring the changing needs of patients
- Offering support to other patients
- Bereavement support
- Carers’ group
- Hospital visiting
- Befriending housebound patients
- Volunteer transport scheme for medical appointments